- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: Cone (Rebekah used a 9” cone)
- Satin ribbons, 1-1/2” wide in assorted patterns
- Gold ribbon, ¼” wide x 6”
- Straight pins
- Small gold ornament or other tree topper
- Glitter (optional)
- Mod Podge (optional)
- Low-temp glue gun
- Tools needed: Scissors; paintbrush (optional)
To make a Ribbon Loop Topiary Tree:
1. Cut ribbons into 4-1/2” lengths.
2. Fold a ribbon in half and starting at the bottom of cone, pin the ribbon loop in place. Repeat, adding a row of folded ribbons around the bottom of the cone. If needed, add a dab of glue to help hold the ribbon loops in place.
3. Pin on a second row, slightly overlapping the first row, and staggering the ribbons. Repeat, adding additional rows of ribbon loops till the cone is covered.
4. Glue a 1/4” gold ribbon around the top of the cone to hide the raw edges.
5. If you would like a glittered tree topper, brush Mod Podge onto the ornament and sprinkle with glitter. Let dry. Poke a small hole into the top of the cone with scissors. Insert and glue the ball to the top of the cone.