Thursday, September 17, 2009

Stuffed Pepper with Beef Steak

I can remember when I was a child my Mom would make these for us, only she would use white rice and hamburger. They were yummy and I have not made these in years.

Ingredients:

1 pound of beef steak cooked
1 cup of brown rice cooked
1/4 cup chopped scallions
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1 teaspoon dried oregano
4 medium green peppers trimmed and seeded
2 teaspoons Panko bread crumbs

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400

Coat a shallow baking dish with cooking spray
In a large bow using two forks, shred the meat into 1/4 inch thick pieces , add scallions ,parsley, and oregano and mix well
Spoon mixture into green peppers and place side by side in baking dish
Sprinkle with Panko bread crumbs and bake for 20 -30 minutes until pepper and top are tender and golden brown

I will be trying these too !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails