Thursday, August 6, 2009

Fire-Roasted Nachos

I have not tried this one yet.... but my son-in-law keeps asking me what I want to do for my birthday(his birthday is the same day), so I am going to tell him that I want to go camping for the weekend. And I will be trying these . They sound delicious.

Ingredients:

1 .4- 3/8 inch disposable aluminum pie pan
2. 1/2 cup tortilla chips
3. 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese ( I might use cheddar ) Maybe both.
4 .Toppings such as tomatoes and bell peppers, slice jalapenos, black beans (maybe re fried) olives, green chile's.

Directions:

!. Combine all the ingredients in the pans. Then seal it in foil . a double layer if you are cooking over an open fire .folding over the extra foil at the top to make a sturdy handle to poke a stick or tongs through.

2.Hold the packet over a campfire or set it directly on a grill to melt the cheese, about 10 minutes. Open carefully. Serve with salsa.

I think guacamole and sour cream would be good also.

I can't wait !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails